Part time jobs are basically working normal jobs as usual but with less hours than a full time job. It consists of an individual working less than 35 hours a week, whether it is 10 hours or 30 hours it would be classified as part time. It does not matter when the hours are allocated, morning, afternoon or night.
Some companies allow you to choose the hours you are available to work, but others set them beforehand. Just like full time jobs, part time jobs are available as temporary or permanent work. People who usually have other commitments in life, such as education or children, normally choose to work part time. Part time jobs allow them to earn a living while attending to other priorities in their life.
What is Flexible working?
Flexible working means to choose working hours that suit you best depending on your ongoing plans. There are several types of flexible working, such as:
1. Flexi time - this is where you are the one to choose when to work
2. Annualised hours - where you work using set shifts depending on how many hours you have to work
3. Compressed hours - this is working the agreed hours in fewer days that you are meant to. Usually happens if you fall sick and have to make up the hours.
4. Staggered hours - this is where you have workers starting at different times, with different breaks and finishing times.
5. Part time - part time working can be classified depending on your employer
Different types of Part Time jobs with Flexible Opportunities
1. Teaching - as teachers mainly work 39 weeks in a year, part time and supply teaching is always available.
2. Taxi Drivers and Chauffeurs - as people are constantly travelling; transport needs are always going to be there. Taxi drivers and chauffeurs offer a lot of flexibility and freedom to work when you desire especially during the busiest time i.e. weekends.
3. Hotel Receptionist - shift work is quite common and therefore is desirable by part time workers.
4. Retail Positions - shift work and part time work is available quiet a lot in this area especially to posts for sales assistants.
5. Restaurant Staff - the staff for any restaurant are expected to work, mainly, evenings and weekends, therefore shift work is very common.
Being allowed to choose flexible hours to work as part time is very convenient. Working in a company that provides this can make life much easier for the worker. Parents with young children find this very useful and prefer it because it enables them to juggle their life easier. It is the same thing for students who are in full time or part time education.